Walid Shinnawi, CFA
Senior Vice President, Head of Institutional Sales
- Responsible for leading SSI’s overall Institutional Sales, Marketing and Client Service initiatives and team.
- Member of SSI’s Executive Committee
- 37 years of leadership, investment, and sales and marketing experience, which includes building global strategic client relationships and long-
term partnerships; structuring creative solution for clients’ investment needs as well as overseeing quantitative and fundamental research and analytical processes and teams.
- Prior to joining the SSI, Walid served as Vice President & Regional Director at Dimensional Fund Advisors; Managing Director at Moody’s KMV; Principal & Chief Credit Officer at Barclays Global Investors; Vice President & Director of Research at First Interstate Bank’s Investment Management Division; and Assistant Vice President & Research Analyst at Security Pacific Merchant Bank.
- MBA, Finance, A. Gary Anderson Graduate School of Management, University of California, Riverside; BS, Respiratory Therapy/Pre-Medicine, Loma Linda University